If you suffered injuries in a car accident another motorist caused, you deserve compensation for your losses. Before you pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit, however, you can arm your attorney with documentation to support your personal injury case. Attorneys use various documents to prove another driver’s negligence caused an accident that injured their clients.

OEB Law, PLLC, has successfully helped individuals throughout Tennessee pursue compensation for losses they suffered after a car crash. In each instance, we had solid evidence to present to auto insurance companies or to a jury if the case went to court.

Call us today at 865-546-1111 to schedule a free consultation. We can further explain which photographs and other documentation are helpful to an attorney pursuing your claim.  

Will Photographs Help My Claim?

Photographs help an attorney visualize the accident scene to understand how the crash happened. Accident scene photos can also support statements you or eyewitnesses make about the accident. At our law firm, we not only look at vehicle damage in the photos, we also examine:

  • The location of the crash, such as an intersection, divided highway, or side street;
  • Parties involved in the crash;
  • Physical injuries you and other parties sustained;
  • First responder activity, if police, firefighters, or an ambulance responded to the scene of the accident;
  • Road conditions, especially if your crash occurred on icy, wet, or broken pavement;
  • Nearby traffic signals or road signs; and
  • Roadway marks, such as skid marks and other tire marks.

Taking photos at different angles gives us an overall view of the wreck. We also suggest taking photos of the damaged vehicle’s interior, particularly if your airbags deployed or glass shattered inside the vehicle.

Do I Need the Police Report From My Crash?

Obtaining the police report from your crash will give us access to vital information, such as:

  • The name and badge number of the responding officer;
  • Names, contact information, and auto insurance information of the parties involved in the accident;
  • The time, date, and location of the crash;
  • The type of vehicles involved in the wreck;
  • A diagram of the crash;
  • A narrative of the facts of the collision; and
  • Charges filed in the accident.

In cases where a police officer does not respond to an accident scene, we recommend that you go to the local police department in and file a report.

What Documentation Do I Need to Prove My Injuries?

Medical reports serve as proof that you or a loved one sustained injuries in the accident. In an attempt to avoid paying full compensation, insurance adjusters sometimes allege that accident victims had pre-existing conditions prior to the crash. X-rays, diagnostic tests, MRI scans, surgeries, or your treating physician’s written statements on the severity of your new injuries can help us counter these allegations.

Medical reports also impact the value of your insurance claim. The more severe your injuries are, the more compensation you can recover to take care of yourself or your loved one.  For instance, a traumatic brain injury diagnosis or a spinal cord injury can result in a higher settlement than a whiplash injury.

How Can I Show My Medical Expenses?

You may recover the full cost of medical treatment for the injuries you sustained in the crash. For instance, after the accident, you may have arrived at the hospital via an ambulance before undergoing emergency surgery. After spending time in the hospital, your doctor may transfer you to a rehabilitation facility for physical therapy and further recovery.

These life-saving procedures would leave you with:

  • Ambulance costs;
  • Hospital expenses;
  • Bills from surgeons and anesthesiologists;
  • Rehabilitation costs; and
  • Physical therapy fees.

We recommend you keep receipts for payments you made for ongoing treatment of your auto accident injuries. We will submit these receipts along with your claim.

What About My Time Missed From Work?

An injury accident can keep you away from work for an indefinite period of time. This means that you may lose income and have difficulties paying your bills. You can recover your lost wages by asking your employer to provide documents showing the time you spent off work and how much income you lost as a result of your accident.

Do I Need Documentation of My Vehicle Repair or Replacement Costs?

You can recover compensation to pay for your car repair or replacement. We recommend getting two or three vehicle repair estimates we can include in your claim. If the crash totaled your vehicle, we can determine your car’s actual value before seeking reimbursement.

How Can I Get Help With My Claim?

OEB Law, PLLC, can help you file a claim to recover compensation for your accident-related damages. Call us today at 865-546-1111 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We work on contingency, so if we take your case, you do not pay us unless we win a favorable outcome for you.