Car Accident Lawyer in Murfreesboro

If you find yourself fighting to get compensation for injuries that you suffered from a car accident, let the Law Offices of Ogle, Elrod & Baril PLLC fight on your behalf. We understand the frustration car accident victims have when auto insurance companies deny their claims or offer low settlements that do not cover accident-related expenses.

Our legal team can help you build a solid case to pursue compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering from an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Call us today at 865-546-1111 to schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Murfreesboro, TN.

Filing an Insurance Claim to Recover Compensation

You can file an insurance claim on your own if your accident did not involve injuries and you only had minor vehicle damage. However, you may consider contacting a lawyer if you had significant financial expenses or personal losses, such as:

  • Long-term or permanent physical injury
  • Expensive medical costs
  • Lost wages
  • A totaled car
  • Death of a loved one in the accident

In our years of experience, we have seen how one car wreck can devastate a family. We will investigate your accident and how it has affected you and your family. If you choose to receive our assistance, we will handle the legal paperwork so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.

Building a Case to Hold the At-Fault Party Responsible for Your Losses

We build a case by investigating your accident and gathering crucial evidence to support your claim. Besides your statement about the accident, we gather other information that includes:

  • A police report of your accident
  • Medical records that document the extent of your injuries
  • Photographs of your injuries
  • Photographs of the accident scene
  • Statements from eyewitnesses
  • Traffic camera or surveillance video of the accident

In some cases, we work with accident reconstruction experts who can determine how an accident occurred and who was at fault for causing the crash. We not only collect evidence to prove your claim, but to counter arguments brought by the responsible parties who may deny liability.

Using Our Evidence to Show Negligence

Our case requires us to show how you suffered injury because of the other driver’s negligence. So, we use the evidence we collect to show how the driver owed you a duty of care to exercise reasonable care to avoid causing you harm. The driver, however, failed this duty because of some form of negligence, such as:

  • Distracted driving
  • Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
  • Speeding
  • Ignoring traffic signals or signs
  • Driving too closely (tailgating)

We must also show how the driver’s negligence caused an accident and you suffered damages. Your claim should reflect the damages you sustained and the amount of compensation you are asking for to reimburse you for your losses.

Resist Accepting a Quick Settlement

Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the auto insurer for the other party may want to quickly settle your claim. We recommend that you do not accept an offer until you speak with a car accident lawyer. We offer this advice for several reasons:

Initial Settlement Offers Are Usually Low

Auto insurers count on you accepting their initial offer because they expect you to use the money immediately to pay your accident-related bills. So, insurance companies typically offer just enough to cover some of your expenses, but the settlement does not calculate your future needs.

Your other needs may include compensation for damages such as:

  • Hospital bills
  • In-patient rehabilitation
  • Physical therapy
  • Prescription medication
  • Medical mobility devices
  • Home health care

Our lawyers have years of experience negotiating settlements with auto insurance companies. We can review your settlement to make sure you receive fair compensation for the damages you sustained because of the accident. If you have not yet filed a claim, we can file one on your behalf.

Your Injury Symptoms May Be Delayed

In some instances, car accident injuries take days or weeks to manifest. This is why it is important not to accept a settlement until you know the extent of your injuries. It may be necessary for you to visit your doctor several times after your accident.

You May Need More Evidence to Strengthen Your Claim

Gathering evidence that helps you build a strong case takes time to collect. For instance, it takes time to send letters to request and receive medical records, accident reports, and electronic logging devices from commercial vehicles.

The evidence and other factors affects the value of your claim. So, proving your claim with documents, videos, eyewitness statements, and receipts from bills you paid because of the accident will strengthen your claim. We will discuss the type of evidence needed to strengthen a negligence claim.

Getting Compensated From Your Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Policy

If an uninsured driver caused your accident, you may turn to your own insurance policy for reimbursement, if you purchased Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. Purchasing UM/UIM coverage is not mandatory, but it pays for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages when an uninsured or hit-and-run driver causes an accident.

You may use your UIM coverage when a driver who hits you has insurance but not enough to cover your total damages. We can help you file a claim with your own insurance company and provide evidence about your accident.

Our Dedicated Legal Team Is Here To Help You

The Law Offices of Ogle, Elrod & Baril PLLC understand the challenges you may have after suffering physical and emotional injuries from an accident. We help car accident victims pursue compensation from insurance companies that want to delay or deny claims or from other responsible parties.

We work on contingency which means that you do not pay for our services unless we win your case. Call us today at 865-546-1111 to schedule an appointment with a car accident lawyer in Murfreesboro, TN.