If I Want Full Compensation for My Injuries, When Should I Settle My Car Accident Case?

If you suffered injuries in a car accident another driver’s negligence caused, the at-fault driver’s auto insurance company may offer you a settlement. Getting money as soon as possible helps to pay your accident-related expenses. However, if symptoms of an injury appear later and you need additional medical treatment, can you ask the insurer for more money?

Once you settle with an auto insurer, you cannot ask for more money to treat a delayed injury. The personal injury attorneys at OEB Law, PLLC, can help. Before you accept a settlement offer, call us at 865-546-1111 to make sure you receive the full compensation you deserve. We can help you decide when you should settle your car accident case during our free, no-obligation legal consultation.

Why Should I Reject the Initial Settlement Offer?

An insurance company’s initial settlement offer does not cover the substantial costs of a car accident victim’s damages. We encourage you to speak to one of our attorneys before accepting an initial offer. We are well-versed in Tennessee personal injury laws and we know how to negotiate the compensation you need for your present and future expenses.

When Should I Settle My Claim?

We recommend that you first build a solid insurance claim with vital evidence an auto insurer would find difficult to refute. Our firm can help you gather documentation that increases the value of your claim, such as medical records detailing the severity of your injuries, a police report that places fault for the crash on the other driver, and the at-fault driver’s convictions of traffic offenses.

You may also be eligible for non-economic damages for the pain and suffering and emotional distress the accident caused. Many insurers will not offer payment for these losses in an initial settlement. If you choose our firm to represent you, we will negotiate your claim and advise you to settle only after the insurer offers you maximum compensation for your all of your associated damages.

Should I File a Lawsuit?

This depends on the factors involved in your car wreck. We recommend filing a claim first against the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Should the insurer refuse to offer fair compensation—or if it rejects your claim—you can move forward with a lawsuit.

Our firm handles all aspects of an insurance claim—from filing the paperwork to negotiating a settlement with the auto insurer. We also take claims to trial when negotiations with insurers fail. We take the pressure off our clients so that they can recover from their injuries and get their lives back on track.

How Can I Discuss My Case With a Lawyer Before I Settle?

OEB Law, PLLC, understand how car accident settlements work. We can advise you on when to settle your case. If you call us now at 865-546-1111, we can review your settlement offer and negotiate your claim to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve for your accident-related damages.