Car Accidents

Do I Have a Case if There Was No Damage in a Car Accident?

Even if you do not see any damage following an accident, you may have a case. There could be damage under the hood, especially if your car starts making noises. It is important to take your vehicle to a mechanic to get it checked out right away.

You may also develop physical injuries days or weeks after the seemingly “no-damage” car crash. However, you may have difficulty proving your case if there was no visible damage to your car. Should this happen, you may want to talk to a car accident lawyer.

At OEB Law, PLLC, we can investigate your car accident and help you build a claim to pursue compensation for your injuries or damages. Call us at 865-546-1111 to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers.

What Type of Hidden Damage Can My Vehicle Have After a Crash?

Not all vehicle damages are visible right away. Your vehicle may have damage to its frame, or your battery may fail because of the impact of the crash.

Your car’s mechanical components may have been damaged, or you may have an oil or another type of fluid leak. Your car could be totaled without you even knowing it.

Should I Report a Car Crash If There Was No Damage?

Yes, call the police to report the crash to get an official record of the accident. An officer may not respond to a non-injury car accident. So, you may have to go to the police station to report the accident.

You should also exchange personal and auto insurance information with the other driver in case you need to file an injury claim in the future.

What If the Other Driver Asked Me Not to Report the Crash Since There Was No Damage?

If you do not report the crash, you may leave yourself unprotected if the other driver files a claim against you or your insurance company. For instance, what if the other driver claims they suffered injuries from the crash? The driver may even blame you for causing the accident and demand that you pay all the damages.

On the other hand, what if the other driver caused the crash and you later develop physical injuries? By failing to report the crash, you may be unable to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.

What If the Other Driver’s Insurer Does Not Believe I Sustained Injuries from the Crash?

It is not uncommon for an auto insurance company to question whether you can sustain injuries from a crash with no visible vehicle damage. Insurers use a variety of strategies to save money, and one strategy is to minimize claims.

To prove your claim, you could provide your medical records to prove your injuries. Even in a crash with minor damages, you could suffer a:

  • Back injury
  • Neck injury
  • Brain injury
  • Head trauma
  • Internal injury

We can help you collect evidence to prove that your injuries were a result of your car accident.

What Type of Evidence Should I Collect for a Car Accident with No Visible Damage?

The evidence that supports a claim for injuries and damages may include:

  • Your medical records
  • A police report of the accident
  • Eyewitness statements
  • Car repair or replacement costs
  • Your lost wages
  • Video footage of the accident

If you were in a vehicle accident, we can help you recover damages. Call a car accident attorney at 865-546-1111 for a free evaluation of your case.

What Type of Damages Can I Recover from My Car Accident?

The damages you can recover primarily depend on the severity of your physical injuries and financial losses. The most common damages accident victims sustain include:

Medical Expenses

Medical expenses include costs for your visits to your doctor and medical specialists, surgeries, prescription medications, and more.

Lost Wages

Lost wages include the amount of income you lost because you could not work after the accident.

Property Damages

This includes the damages to your car, laptop computer, camera, smartphone, and other personal property you lost in the accident.

Pain and Suffering

Pain and suffering involve the physical, mental, and emotional damages resulting from an accident.

Let Us Help You with Your Car Accident Case

You may still have a case if there was no damage in a car accident. OEB Law, PLLC, can help you pursue the compensation you deserve from an accident. 

Call us today at 865-546-1111 for a free case evaluation.

By wpengine

This is the "wpengine" admin user that our staff uses to gain access to your admin area to provide support and troubleshooting. It can only be accessed by a button in our secure log that auto generates a password and dumps that password after the staff member has logged in. We have taken extreme measures to ensure that our own user is not going to be misused to harm any of our clients sites.